Tuesday 13 September 2011

Microsoft Office 2008 opens multiple files at startup with Lion

Because I instated Lion I've had a situation with Office 2008 that I lack the capacity to identify a reference to in any of the familiar declarations or examinations about similarity situations.The issue is that when Excel or Word begin they open various indexes that have been open in past sessions. The situation is getting worse with in total more indexes being opened. I found reference to this situation in Office for Windows but no reference for Office 2008 for Mac. Could any individual give a fix? and other thing the At the lowest part of the window, check the crate for "Compress design indexes". This will mechanically clamp all illustrations in your PPT documents.

1 comment:

I am Android said...

I have the problem again so deleting the file in the AutoRecovery folder isn't the solution. Following the last post I googled the phrase "resume state feature" and found the following article http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20083707-263/managing-mac-os-x-lions-application-resume-feature/ which has a fuller description of the possible solutions to this problem. I don't need any programs to restart the way I left them so I've tried turning off the feature for all programs in the General System preferences which again seems to have worked but time will tell.

For those who want to try the solution for individual programs and can no longer like me find the username/library folder see this page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html which explains how to make the library visible again, Apple have decided to hide it for some reason.